April 20, 2017
Confessions. (S&T 4/20)
The confessions edition of Stuff and Things. This comes around every other month or so...so here we go:
1. I only eat Italian ice in even numbers. I must always eat two. I never feel satisfied with just one. This is a problem. Also, I only eat the blue raspberry ones so Scott knows he's only to eat the watermelon ones. This is really weird behavior for a grown-up, I know.
2. I buy Italian ice so we don't eat tons of ice cream.
3. My favorite ice cream in the entire world is Grandma's Cake Batter from Tillamook. They stopped making it. I haven't had it in years and, though they do sell Tillamook in Colorado, they don't have the variety they had in Alaska. I still check the ice cream case every time I walk by one, just to check. However, I'm certain it doesn't exist anymore because it's not on the website.
4. When people write a blog post about nothing just so they can affiliate-link it to death, I don't understand their purpose and/or motivation. Nothing against making a few pennies from Amazon or Nordstrom, but have an author's purpose for your writing. It's important.
5. Also, when bloggers say they love "this dress" or "this shirt" and they just affiliate-link it to a shopstyle link and I can't see where it's from without clicking the link, I can't even handle it. That's baiting and it's not a way to make friends.
6. Maybe this should be a pet peeves post.
7. When dishes don't come out of the dishwasher clean, I put them back in for another round and expect different results.
8. Last week, I overslept for the first time in my adult life. I got up at 6:15 instead of 5:00am. Scott said Oh now you only have an hour to get ready instead of like 3 hours. Because I do get up 2+ hours before I have to leave the house.
9. I save all of my fortunes from Panda Express. I was having a really crappy day a month or so ago (hence the need to stop for dinner) and I got an empty fortune cookie.
10. I am one entire season behind on Once Upon a Time.
11. Not gonna lie: I feel incredibly disconnected from the internet right now. There's major upheaval in life in general and just the processing of it takes a lot, and blogging then takes a backseat. I'll be ready to chat you all up soon though because I think the best way to learn is by relating to others and maybe someone can relate to me. #vagueblogover