There are some foods I really love that I'm sure 99% of you could simply do without altogether.
1. Candy Corn.
If you've been around here for any amount of time, you already know this. I love candy corn. It is everything that is perfect and good and sweet in this world. In fact, I now buy it year-round.
2. BWW Chipotle Dry Rub Boneless Wings.
Every once in a while, I get a wing craving that will not go away unless I answer it. Or feed it, in this case. I particularly adore this variety from Buffalo Wild Wings, and I am aware they're really just seasoned chicken tenders. Bone-in wings are too much work in this modern-day, lazy society I suppose.
Anyway, I eat wings maybe 2-3 times a year. I had them in June, with my brother, and we took the leftovers home (before that, I hadn't had them since last June). He ate them for breakfast before I could get to them. I was miffed. But he had paid for them so oh well.
Last weekend, I got this wing craving again and convinced Scott we needed to pick up some on our way home from Lowe's (note: it was completely out of the way). I ate four when we got home, planned on having the rest for breakfast the next day and...he had friends over that night and he gave away my wings. I almost started to cry because I was losing my leftovers again. I was in a terrible mood all weekend and he knew better than to make me cry, so I was able to steal half back for myself before succumbing to "love thy neighbor".
3. Unsweetened tea.
I don't like sweet tea. I like it straight. Preferably from Dunkin Donuts, but I can make it at home too if necessary. It makes the perfect accompaniment to a bag of candy corn, really. I know so many people who can't drink unsweet tea and I'm often ashamed to offer it as a beverage choice because of this. It's just my personal preference so that's what I make, but I know many people can't stand it. I offer sugar to stir in but I'm aware it's "not the same".
Onto food items I won't touch with a 10-foot pole...
1. Salmon. The flavor, the smell, the texture. I'm not a fan.
2. Cottage cheese. Ew.
3. Tuna. Double ew.
4. Meatloaf. The worst.
5. Sometimes bananas. I'm really weird about bananas. They're okay once in awhile. The smell of ripe bananas is terrible though.
6. Hard-boiled eggs. The smell...
7. McDonald's. I stand against McDonald's on principle (though I've probably only eaten there a dozen times...I don't eat burgers but I would touch them with a 10 foot pole so they didn't make this list). I hate that McDonald's, in their commercials, makes you try to believe you can have a healthy, active lifestyle as you're eating McDonald's. It doesn't really work that way.
We went out to dinner a couple of nights ago and Scott's friends picked the place. Before we left, I asked where we were going and Scott said, "A place that only serves meatloaf and salmon".
Every time we go to someone's house for dinner, he tells me that he told them my favorite food is meatloaf and that's what we should have.
What food do you love that seems crazy? And/or what food won't you go near?
(This can tell you a lot about people. Also, I feel like I've written a similar post before...)