1. I don't mind it when my 4:54am alarm goes off in the morning. It means another day is starting and I get coffee. Those are good things and victories at this point in a deployment.
2. I've been spending more and more lunch periods (25 full minutes) sitting at my desk, decompressing. Sitting in the lounge is too much. I just need to relax.
3. It's still too hot to wear pants to work.
I bought this shirt on Amazon and I'm impressed with it.
Skirt is Old Navy (on clearance now! I think I paid $15). Shoes are fake TOMS from Target.
This was my Friday outfit because jeans don't work when it's 74* in your classroom by 9am.
4. Speaking of the Steelers, Mike Tomlin said what I've been thinking for weeks: In last night's pre-game interview, when asked if he's addressed taking a knee during the national anthem with his team, he said it's something they've never formally talked about because they have an army ranger on the team and the team probably is sensitive to and understands his sacrifice and the sacrifice of those like him. Villanueva's comments on the issue are brilliant. (The linked video doesn't have to do with the Steelers, but the article does.)
5. You all were right: I appreciate my weekends now (that didn't take long) but Sunday afternoons are still awful.
6. I thought about getting a pedicure yesterday but I was a little too lazy to invest the drive, the time, and the $30. I decided a better investment would be to buy my own bottle of OPI Strawberry Margarita and do it myself. This is the color I always get so I might as well just pay $8 for it.