Wait. Is it Thursday? I don't actually know because IT'S SUMMER and I don't have to be accountable for anything!
Between laying around and actually finishing a book yesterday and eating whenever I want and playing tourist all weekend, I've completely lost track of time. It's wonderful.
Speaking of teaching...I'm going to highlight this list from Buzzfeed. It's really just full of teacher memes but the one about extra credit particularly spoke to me. My experience is usually the child saying that My mom/dad wants to know if there's extra credit. I've heard it more times than I can count and it always makes me laugh a little bit.
So I do have some aspirations for this summer (believe it or not). I'm not setting myself up for failure. There will be no gardening, no attempting to learn a brand-new skill, etc.
1. Actually work on my ebook. This was a New Year's Resolution. It's time to get on that. I'm setting a timer for 20 minutes a day and I must work the entire 20 minutes and I'll keep going if I'm making progress.
2. Read 10 books in June. I did it one month last year. I can do it again.
3. I have a list of TV shows to chip away at. I already crossed one off by catching up on the end of this past season of New Girl yesterday.
In addition to watching these shows to catch up on TV, I'm watching "comfort TV" at night while I blog/read/fold laundry/etc. Right now, it's True Blood from the beginning. Something about summer makes me want to watch this show from season one. Ah, the good old days.
4. Find some more furnishings and such for the house. I need a nice armchair and some odds and ends.
5. Continue organizing the basement.
I also have a checklist of boring things to chip away at, but that's not worth sharing.
Any high ambitions for June?