1. I've been watching Weeds reruns (because why not?) and "little boxes on the hillside, little boxes all the same" is exactly how I would describe the nearest town to us.
2. Is anyone else annoyed with True Blood? I'm not sure what happened to this show. Seasons 1 through 3 left me holding my breath until the next episode. In fact, Netflix DVDs couldn't arrive fast enough so I ran out to Wal-Mart at 10pm one night and bought the first 3 seasons. That's passion for good t.v. Now, I'm just impatiently awaiting it to be over so I can find out what happens. Also, I should really finish those books.
3. We started watching The Leftovers. It's interesting. This is what I like about HBO. They don't dumb it down. They don't over explain. You're left to your own critical thinking as you attempt to draw conclusions about what is happening. So, while I'd love to tell you what The Leftovers is about, I have no idea. I'm still figuring it out.
Maybe HBO should reevaluate this "don't dumb it down" strategy and apply it to seasons 5-7 of True Blood.
4. I found myself at Whole Foods last week, simply because it was there and that fact alone makes me happy. I also went to a giant school supplies store and an Old Navy. It was a big day.
I've heard things about brown rice sushi so I decided to grab some for me and took some home for Scott. It was awful. Sushi should never be covered in brown rice. What a terrible $17 disappointment and a waste of crab, tuna, and avocado. People who go on and on about brown rice sushi must have never had real sushi…or they don't have taste buds. Either/or.
On Monday, we got real sushi. It wasn't the best we'd ever tried, but it was pretty good. The service was also good (Sushi O Sushi = good customer service in the Springs).
However, the chicken teriyaki was so-so.
I'd never felt so old before.
6. I haven't done an outfit post since that nonsense back in May. Say hello to my new deck. I'm letting my hair grow, but it doesn't really show here.
Shirt: Target // Sandals: Old Navy // Pants: JCPenney // Sunglasses: SimplyVera from Kohl's
7. I feel like I haven't done any outfit posts because I feel completely uninspired. I know that I need to start investing more in clothes that will last (i.e. not Old Navy), but I can't resist brands like Gap when they have clearance sales. Sure, I could pay $52 for a pair of pants. But it just feels better when I know I got them for much less. I got a pair of amazing brown dress pants at the The Gap in Anchorage for $6 once. Did I buy them when I weighed a few pounds more and they haven't really fit for the last couple of years? Sure. But they are beautiful.
8. Speaking of being old, I tweaked my lower back. Scott said "from improper painting posture". Yeah, okay. When I go a few weeks without doing a lot of stretching, this sometimes happens because I like to sleep on my stomach and that's not good for you…or maybe I'm just old.